We are in the process of adding this application section to remind ourselves about the teaching of the Bible on our daily pilgrimage towards our heavenly home.
In a world full of chaos and temptations, a few of us Christians are sometimes wondering away from our faith in Jesus Christ and wasting much of our resources in chasing the fads of this world. For example, we may endeavor in spending all of our time or most of our effort in pursuing this world. Some of us are so overwhelming with the worries of this world and others are so busy in solving our things in this world that we sometimes forget who we are and the purpose of our lives here on this earth.
Current astronomy in last decade has opened a way to looking for planets in other stars. It turns out that majority of planets orbiting a star are hellish
planets which have very high surface temperatures and stormy atmospheres because their orbits to their star are too close and the speeds are fast. In other word, the situations for the earth-like
planet are rare and not easy to find. This beautiful and habitable earth for us to live on is indeed a great blessing from God. Actually, to be a Christian is even more an overwhelming grace to us
from our Lord Jesus Christ.
Let look at a few scriptural passages concerning Christians.
A. As Christians, we were purchased from the evil and sinful world with a great great price. So we belong to Jesus Christ our Lord. Please meditate the following:
1 Peter, 1:17-19
17 If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
17 你們既稱那不偏待人、按各人行為審判人的主為父，就當存敬畏的心度你們在世寄居的日子， 18 知道你們得贖，脫去你們祖宗所傳流虛妄的行為，不是憑著能壞的金銀等物， 19 乃是憑著基督的寶血，如同無瑕疵、無玷汙的羔羊之血。
B. We were chosen before the foundation of the world and sent into this world by our Lord.
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
C. Why we are called? We are called to be separated from the world for God. We are called to be sanctified in Christ—to be saints.
1 Cor 1:2
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
D. We are equipped by God for various gifts and services. such as spreading gospel and mutually growing with our brothers and sisters.
Ephesians 4: 7 & 4: 11-13
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
以弗所書4：7 & 4: 11-13
11 他所賜的有使徒，有先知，有傳福音的，有牧師和教師， 12 為要成全聖徒，各盡其職，建立基督的身體， 13 直等到我們眾人在真道上同歸於一，認識神的兒子，得以長大成人，滿有基督長成的身量，
So what a Christian should do?
(1) We should form a habit to read the Bible daily. This will cleanse us from corruptions and will edify us to know our Lord Jesus Christ more and more each day.
(2) We should form a habit of praying frequently. Pray not only for our needs and but also for others’ needs as well.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
(3) We should pursue holiness and bring people to the Lord to bear fruit. See Ephesians 1:4 and John 15:16
(4) To have a intimate relationship with God the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ and God the Holy Spirit.
5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(5) Do every good work
2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
(6) Compassionately love our brothers and sisters in the faith. This means love those who our Lord loves. Be helping and generous in material helping as well. Try our best to be unified in one faith, one Lord, and one baptism. This means not opinionated, not arrogant and controlling, but meek, self denial, and patiently carrying our cross daily to follow our Lord as He commended. Bring people to church monthly. And bring people to faith yearly to bear fruit to glory our God.
1 John 3:17
17 But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
Unity of the Spirit
4 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
(7) Most importantly, worship God in spirit and in truth. Always be grateful to our God and offer frequently our thanks throughout each day. furthermore, we
should present our bodies living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God.
23 But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
15 Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.
12 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
The Bible encourages us to have faith and trust God. The above is a few samples that we can do in Christ by the power of God. The important thing to remember is that we are Christians belonging to our Lord and we have a renewed heart to love our Lord and enjoy Him.
6 應當一無掛慮，只要凡事藉著禱告、祈求和感謝，將你們所要的告訴神。 7 神所賜出人意外的平安，必在基督耶穌裡保守你們的心懷意念。.
5 因為隨從肉體的人，體貼肉體的事；隨從聖靈的人，體貼聖靈的事。 6 體貼肉體的就是死，體貼聖靈的乃是生命、平安。 7 原來體貼肉體的就是與神為仇，因為不服神的律法，也是不能服； 8 而且屬肉體的人不能得神的喜歡。 9 如果神的靈住在你們心裡，你們就不屬肉體，乃屬聖靈了。人若沒有基督的靈，就不是屬基督的。 10 基督若在你們心裡，身體就因罪而死，心靈卻因義而活。
16 聖經都是神所默示的，於教訓、督責、使人歸正、教導人學義都是有益的， 17 叫屬神的人得以完全，預備行各樣的善事。
4 我為主被囚的勸你們：既然蒙召，行事為人就當與蒙召的恩相稱， 2 凡事謙虛、溫柔、忍耐，用愛心互相寬容， 3 用和平彼此聯絡，竭力保守聖靈所賜合而為一的心。 4 身體只有一個，聖靈只有一個，正如你們蒙召同有一個指望； 5 一主，一信，一洗， 6 一神，就是眾人的父，超乎眾人之上，貫乎眾人之中，也住在眾人之內。
約 翰 福 音 4:23
23 時候將到，如今就是了， 那真正拜父的，要用心靈和誠實拜他，因為父要這樣的人拜他 。
希 伯 來 書 13:15
15 我們應當靠著耶穌，常常以頌讚為祭獻給神 ，這就是那承認主名之人嘴唇的果子 。
羅 馬 書 12:1
12 所以弟兄們，我以神的慈悲勸你們，將身體獻上，當作活祭，是聖潔的，是神所喜悅的；你們如此事奉乃是理所當然的 。
For Older Persons: Titus 2:2-3
Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance.
3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, 4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.
Try to eat sensibly and maintain your health sensibly
Enrich a great relationship with your grand children
Teach them Bible stories if you can
Enjoy your golden years with your loved ones
Seek your comfort from Jesus Christ your Lord always
Do love your Lord every remaining day on this Earth
For Young Persons: Titus 2:6-8
Likewise urge the young men to be sensible; 7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine dignified, 8 sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.
Try to overcome sin or it will overcome you.
Try to kill your flesh, lust, perversions or they will kill you for sure.
Try to get light from the Bible or you will be misled by the darkness of this world
Watch who you hung out with.
Avoid the blackholes in life such as drug, alcohol, smoking, sex, video games, gambling, terrorist ideology.
For Wives: Ephesians 5:22-24
22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Maintain sexual purity in a lust world
Keep home in a neat and worm environment
Watch children's nutrition
Tell bible stories to your children at the bedtime
How about love your hubby for a change
Do not take everything good from your husband for granted
For Husbands: Ephesians 5:25-30
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 because we are members of His body.
For Children: Ephesians 6:1-2
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), 3 so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
Suggested applications for teenagers and college goers
Watch out drugs and alcohol in your parties and come home early per your
parents' rules. Drug does fry your brain physically. Avoid it like you avoid poison and AIDS.
Maintain sexual purity in a lust pervert and peer pressure environment. Ask yourself why trash your body in sexual impurity activities
Pay attention and spend your time on your education
Select your close friends and association CAREFULLY. Do not make once in your lifetime. Donot be headstrong. Listen to your parents advice and naggings.
Steer yourself away from video games and pornography. Attend a Christian fellowship group to be shielded from all the ideological isms, mysticism, and extremism.
You only have one life to live: be moderate and keep everything in its proper values including your school grades. Do not be trapped by anything including school grades, drug, alcohol, video games, sex, and gang activities. Make sure that you take it as a top priority to finish your education on time and find a job as soon as possible.
You only have one life to live: Get guidance from your Creator: read the Bible, learn to pray often during the mess of the day,and meditate often on things above rather than spending all your attention on material things on the earth.
Read Romans Chapter 1
For Parents: Ephesians 6:4
4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Protect your marriage like your life dependent on it by proper investing your time, activities, gifts, and attention to enrich it.
Watch your children nutrition, their education, their friends, and association. Do you know where your children are!
Know what they spend most of their time: video game? drinking? smoking?
or school education?
Pray for your children, your jobs, your health, your merriage, and everything puzzling you in your life.
勸老年人要有節制 、端莊 、自守 ，在信心 、愛心 、忍耐上都要純全無疵。
作 妻 子
作 丈 夫
作 兒 女
作 父 親
Many people are very concerned with the direction that the world is going today. It seems to many people that the moral fabrics of the world are deteriorating very rapidly. Indeed,
there is no peace today and there are numerous regional conflicts and local violent events reported each day in
the media. In addition, many calamities, whether man-made or due to natural
phenomena, happened quite frequent lately; fires, storms, earthquakes,
floods, and mud slides are hurting many communities. Furthermore, there are many
terrorist events such as recent shooting in a shopping mall in Africa and bombings
in the Middle East.
You may wonder what to do when the whole world seems going very chaotic and crazy daily.
On the individual level, global economics still face many challenges in creating jobs. It appears that the family system is being marginalized and morality is on the way out in today environment all over the world.
We may ask ourselves what to do when our leaders fail to lead and fail to be watchful; or even worst, when we are down and out. What are we supposed to do?
Here are a few reminders:
“Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise. For the
wisdom of this world is foolishness before God. For it is written, “He is the
one who catches the wise in their craftiness”; and again, “The Lord knows the reasonings of the wise, that they are useless.”( 1 Corinthians 3:18-20)
2. For those who are believers and wander away and are down and out:
The Lord, the Psalmist’s Shepherd.
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul; He guides me
in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
1 Corinthians 1:30 tells us: “ But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption".
We should always remember the following verses concerning our faith:
1 Corinthians 2:4-5
and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.
So let us fix our eyes on our Lord Jesus Christ, the finisher of our Faith, and stop seeking the ways of this world.
For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation
of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.( Hebrews 10:26-27)
耶和華為牧者. 詩篇 23
“ 我說的話、講的道，不是用智慧委婉的言語，乃是用聖靈和大能的明證， 叫你們的信
This is a companion article following the one entitled “The end of your human ways is for you to see the beginning of the Lord’s great mercies towards you”. When everything seems to go completely hay-wire, we need to be watchful and be reminded of the following:
Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.
2. Be holy because “but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”( 1 Peter 1:15-16). This means that we should get out of evil businesses and move away from evil places and deliberately not associate with wicked peoples or organizations. Please see the verses in Ps 1;
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,And in His law he meditates day and night.
3. Watchful where we spend our time and energy.
Please ponder on the following verses:
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,
This means that we do not spend time in chasing the fashions of this world such as boasting in sport events, seeking fleshly endeavors including illicit sex and pornography etc., and wasting our energy in the idle habits such as drinking parties, gambling, and electronic games, etc.
4. Establish good habits such as to be an early riser to pray and ponder on God’s laws and His kingdom, and our holy calling to follow Jesus Christ our Lord. Good habits are like a great precious pearl; hard to find and easy to lose it. Good habits such as organizing our daily life and good house-keeping, and know where we place things important to us so that we do not spend time to find things.
5. Always view the situations happening to us with a thanksgiving attitude towards our God and always with a fearful and respectful heart in conducting ourselves in front of our Lord. We need
remember our Lord’s teaching that flesh is not profitable and also Saint Paul’s reminder that the body bends towards death.
6. Take one day at a time particularly when we are under stressful situations. Always trusting our Lord because He loves us and is almighty indeed. Do plan our daily activities the evening before and ask the Lord's guidance and help in our prayers. Make a habit of not deviating from our planned activities for the day. Review our activities at the end of the day and thank our Lord for keeping us in the right path or confess our transgressions and failures and ask for His forgiveness and help to strengthen us. Also, do a monthly plan to open our horizon about what we should accomplish for the month.
7. Keep our view toward heavenly. That is, pondering on all the great things prepared for us by our Lord in heaven and our focus on our Lord rather on ourselves on this earth.
8. Invest on building good family relationship and spend resources in fellowshipping with believers and do evangelizing people around us in and out of the season. Always put a very high value in building family relationship particularly spending time together with your spouse and children. Family is such an important safety net provided by our God that we need to spend our time and energy and attention to protect/maintain the relationships everyday. It is indeed a great blessing from our Lord that husband and wife can read the Bible together and share the spiritual enlightenment from our Teacher Holy Spirit about marriage and childbearing and mutual love and aspirations.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7)
9. Keep our hope daily on our Lord’s return and our hope to be like Him. The purpose of our lives here on the earth is to grow up to His likeliness and to honor Him and glorify him with our body. This means to self denial and take our cross and follow Him daily and to live for His glory. Ponder on this following verse:
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.( Galatians 2:20)
10. We need to focus and depend fully on our Lord Jesus Christ. He loves us and is able to keep us in Him among all our trials and failures. Here are a few reminders:
"Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “The righteous man shall live by faith.”( Galatians 3:11)
“fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy
set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the
right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)
11. Always with a fearful and respectful heart towards our Lord. Keep in mind that the days of our Lord at the end time are of a very shocking judgment and disaster time period that the world will be judged for their wickedness with the calamities that are terrifying beyond our comprehension. Because of that fearful judgment day, we should spread the gospel with urgency and compassion to unbelievers for them to escape this deadly judgment of being in eternal tormenting hell forever.
12. Taking a pilgrim's world view, we should enjoy our Lord’s leadings and blessings in our lives and trust Him completely as we live each of our days by faith in our journey towards our heavenly home. Learn to be generous towards our fellowman during this once in our lifetime journey towards our heavenly home. Generosity is a blessing from our Lord that flows from our Lord towards us and also through us to the people we meet in our daily activities. It takes awhile to learn to be generous both in substance and in attitude.
“ By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was
to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going.
By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land,
dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise;
for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.” ( Hebrews 11:8-10)
In Summary, Apostle Paul reminded us the following precious verses of how to live in the wicked world:
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.
We shall remember that the world is wicked because of its manifestation of sin which causes all comtaminations marching towards death. Sin causes decays, evils, lies, murders, hatred, darkeness, and death. The essence of life is to conquer death which is the last enemy of our Lord Jesus Christ. That is why the gospel is such a good news because Jesus Christ destroyed the works of the Devil and conquered the death and offers all those believing in Him the most and final gift of eternal life without sin. Praise our Lord for His redemptive work and eternal love onto us.
May our Lord Jesus Christ be pleased with how we glorify Him in our lives. Amen.
2. 要聖潔， 因為「那召你們的既是聖潔，你們在一切所行的事上也要聖潔。 16 因為經上記著說：「你們要聖潔，因為我是聖潔的。」(彼得前書1:15-16）。這意味著，我們應該走出邪惡的事務，遠離邪惡的地方，刻意不與邪惡的人或組織有關聯。請參閱詩篇第一篇。
你們要謹慎行事，不要像愚昧人，當像智慧人。 要愛惜光陰，因為現今的世代邪惡。 不要做糊塗人，要明白主的旨意如何。 不要醉酒，酒能使人放蕩；乃要被聖靈充滿。
你們要靠主常常喜樂，我再說，你們要喜樂！ 當叫眾人知道你們謙讓的心。主已經近了。 應當一無掛慮，只要凡事藉著禱告、祈求和感謝，將你們所要的告訴神。 神所賜出人意外的平安，必在基督耶穌裡保守你們的心懷意念。(腓4:4-7）
11. 永遠以敬畏的心對待我們的主。請記住，我們的主提醒警告世人、世界末日是世人要經歷一非常震憾的災難， 世界將會因罪貫滿盈而被審判。因為那可怕的審判的日子，我們應該趕緊傳播福音給世人，信主逃離那可怕的災離。
12. 以一個朝聖者的世界觀，我們應該在我們的生活中、享受我們的主的引導和祝福，並完全信任祂；因為義人必”因信得生”地活在我們生命旅程的每一天裏，邁向我們在天上的家 。
亞伯拉罕因著信，蒙召的時候就遵命出去，往將來要得為業的地方去；出去的時候，還不知往哪裡去。 他因著信，就在所應許之地作客，好像在異地居住帳篷，與那同蒙一個應許的以撒、雅各一樣。 因為他等候那座有根基的城，就是神所經營、所建造的。(希伯來書11:8-10）
When all said and done, a good habit is very profitable in our sanctification process. Merely head knowledge without practice is just head knowledge and will not do us any good. Just like knowledge of how to swim without learning it in the water is worthless and will not save a person from drowning.
Examples of a few good habits follow:
A. A simple daily routine such as go to bed early and be an early riser to have a quiet time in prayer and in planning a day will be a profitable
B. A habit of organizing things to avoid wasting time in finding things. You will be surprised to know this good habit will probably save you several years of your life.
C. A habit of taking God as first priority in your thinking pattern on all things in your daily life. This habit is the promised way to receive God's blessings in your life. This practice with its God centered world view is priceless and is the way to live a joyful and peaceful life amidst the chaos of this life in a wicked world.
May you honor your God with gratitude and thanksgiving. The Bible reminds us that we love God because He loves us first. Furthermore, He loves us with ever lasting love not like us unsteady and not faithful most of the times.
Even with our imperfection, may we love God more and more every day because this is the blessed way to live our lives even though we may be prosecuted for doing so.
2 Tim 3:12
12 Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
2 Tim 1:12
12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.
You may ask application of what in our daily life? This is indeed a great question. Since life is complicated and since many of us are indeed very busy in struggling to make a living, we would like to talk about application of the Bible in just one aspect of our daily life- how to utilize the weekend or your leisure time.
Since family is the best safety net, family relationship should be at the top of the priorities in enjoying your leisure time. So please meditate the following for your application:
1. Do plan to date your spouse once a week by planning something or some activity that both of you enjoy. Do enjoy each other’s company. This is an art that all of us need to learn. The more we practice it the better joy we would appreciate. Some couples are doing this quite naturally. Others need to practice to be able to communicate with each other better. Matter-of-fact approach or caustic words are the worst enemies to us all. Try to spend some time together on something beautiful, positive, and joyful. It may not even be with money or material things. In any event, a little love goes a long way.
2. Do the same with your children. Children are God’s gift to us. So be extra attention to the welling being of your children. Do you know the interest or the problem bothering your precious children?
3. It is interesting to note that fellowship with our gracious God is the foundation of the family relationship. Learn from our Lord Jesus Christ. In Him are
all the riches beyond our comprehension.
Do try a little harder to know our Lord who is the source of wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and blessed eternal joy.
The following are a few biblical verses for your application and enjoyment:
A. Ephesians 5:1-2 Walk in Love
5 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
A. 以弗所書5：1-2 當憑愛心行事
B. Ephesians 4:20-24 Learn from Christ
20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
B. 以弗所書4：20-24 穿上新人
C. Ephesians 5:15-17 Walk in Wisdom
15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
C. 以弗所書5：15-17 愛惜光陰
D. Romans 12:1-2 Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
D. 羅馬書12：1-2 獻己於主當做活祭
E. James 3:5-6 Watch your words and control your tongue
5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
F. Ephesians 5:22-29 Marriage—Christ and the Church
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
F. 以弗所書 5：22-29 夫妻的本分
22你們做妻子的，當順服自己的丈夫，如同順服主；23因為丈夫是妻子的頭，如同基督是教會的頭，他又是教會全體的救主。24教會怎樣順服基督，妻子也要怎樣凡事順服丈夫。25你們做丈夫的，要愛你們的妻子，正如基督愛教會，為教會捨己， 26 要用水藉著道把教會洗淨，成為聖潔， 27可以獻給自己，做個榮耀的教會，毫無玷汙、皺紋等類的病，乃是聖潔沒有瑕疵的。28丈夫也當照樣愛妻子，如同愛自己的身子，愛妻子便是愛自己了。29從來沒有人恨惡自己的身子，總是保養顧惜，正像基督待教會一樣，
以色列阿，你要聽！耶和華 ─ 我們神是獨一的主。
萬物都是藉著他有的, 我們也是藉著他有的。(歌林多前書 8:6)
Supremacy of Jesus Christ our Lord - Phil 2:9-11; Col 1:15-20
主耶穌的絕對優越性—無不口稱耶穌為主 (西 1:15-20)
Inerrancy of Holy Scripture - Psalm 19:7-9, Matt 5:18
Glorious Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ which demonstrates the love of God - John 3:16-18
Obedience to God is much better than offering sacrifices - Hos 6:6
For I delight in loyalty
rather than sacrifice.
And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
The righteous shall live by faith alone - Habbakuk 2:4
Self-denial and be patient in enduring afflictions are the God's ways for us in following Jesus Christ our Lord - Matthew 16:24